BUILD CONFIDENCE WITH BURLESQUE STYLE!
Lack of confidence, negative self-talk, fear of saying/doing/wearing the wrong thing...it can be difficult to face these issues alone. Paris burlesque performer Babette de la Butte works with people from all backgrounds to help guide them to a place of feeling good about themselves. Together we will grow and learn how to accept ourselves for who we are and emphasize the aspects we most enjoy through guided discussion, exercises, and yes, burlesque!
Reconnect with your confidence, your sexuality, and the core of who you are. Don't let self-doubt keep you from becoming the best--and boldest--version of yourself.
In burlesque, you make the choices, you decide how you want your story to develop. Together we will work--and play!--towards your personal goals, facing challenges together and moving through them to a place of self-fulfilment.
Be Bold with Babette is a workshop designed to be a safe place where you can take risks. No previous experience is necessary, just a desire to grow and support others in their discoveries. Participants walk away feeling empowered and encouraged, strong in their sense of self-confidence in body and mind.
- Welcome and introduction: Sharing why we are here, guided discussion
- Get on your feet! Warm-ups and exercises for getting out of our heads and into our bodies
- The art of burlesque: Guided burlesque instruction, learning moves and skills for getting in touch with what we love about ourselves
- Work it! Create a character/persona that works with your music and physicality
- The big reveal! Getting bold with our burlesque personas and connecting our discoveries to our day-to-day lives
- Strengthening circle: Connecting with each other, sharing our confidence challenges, victories, and goals
A NOTE FROM BABETTE:
Burlesque has been a very special journey for me both personally and professionally, and it is truly an honour to share in your discovery of this wonderful art form. I consider helping people to overcome the negative beliefs that have held them back to be hugely important, even essential work. I have dealt with body image issues all my life and have had my confidence severely shaken on numerous occasions. I wouldn't ask anyone to do anything within a class that I wouldn't do myself. Thank you in advance for your trust in me. I can't wait to work with you.